Welcome to Plinc – a social sharing site designed specifically for you and your wish-lists! The information you provide to us through our website, www.plinc.co (the 'Site'), or otherwise, means you'll be able to enjoy the very best of our services. To present you with personalised content and ads, we'll gather information from you and third parties.
We've written this policy to help you understand how we collect and use your information, and what your choices are about this information. At Plinc we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and we'll only use this information in a legal and ethical way and in compliance with the requirements and principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ('GDPR') or equivalent legislation, as applicable.
The information we collect is more technically referred to as 'data'. 'Data' may include:
- Personal Data
- Usage Data
- Cookies Data
- Non-personally-identifiable Data
- (Collectively referred to as 'Data').
'Personal Data' means any information relating to a living, identifiable person. This includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, contact numbers, transaction-related information, cookies and usage Data, as well as any other information relating to you or a combination of information which, when put together, can personally identify you.
'Processing' means how the information is used – everything from how we collect it, how we store it and everything in between.
At Plinc we are guided by the principles of the GDPR which states that the processing of your information must follow these principles:
- Lawful, transparent and fair;
- Only be used for the purpose for which it was collected;
- We only collect the information we actually need for our specified purpose;
- The information we collect and process is accurate;
- We only keep the information for as long as we need it; and
- We do our best to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the information.
3. What this policy covers
This Policy informs you of our policy around:
- Who owns the Data
- What Data we collect
- How and why we collect Data
- How we use the Data
- Transfer of Data
- When would we share your Data? / Third Parties to access to your Data
- How we protect your Data
- Children's Privacy
- How you can control how your Data is used
3.1 Who owns the Data
You own your Data. When you access the Site, use the Site or create an account with us, you agree to the collection and use of the Data according to the terms of this Policy. If you have any questions about your Data, please contact us.
3.2 What Data we collect
We collect diferent types of information which may include Personal, usage, cookies and non-personally identifiable Data.
3.3. How and why we collect Data
The Site obtains the Data you provide when you access and/or interact with the Site, including creating an account with us.
3.3.1 Personal Data
We can only collect Personal Data that you give to us. This can be done in diferent ways, including:
- When you access and use the Site
- When you register/create an account on the Site
- Any time you provide Personal Data through the Site.
At Plinc, your Personal Data is specifically used as follows:
- We store your email address and password for authentication and login purposes;
- We use your real name for your account but this is not displayed publicly;
- Age verification is required but this information is not stored;
- Your location (country) and language preferences will be stored;
- You have an option regarding the following information:
- You can opt to set a description about yourself that is publicly visible to other logged in users on your public wish-list page;
- You can opt to state your gender;
- You can opt for 2-factor authentication of your account in which case we will ask for a mobile number which will be stored;
- You can opt to share your personal website;
- You can choose to upload an image of yourself or display an avatar which will be publicly displayed on your wish-list page
We do not sell or rent any Personal Data supplied by you and we will only share such Personal data in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Any Personal Data you supply to us will, therefore, only be used and processed for the purpose for which it was intended – including any e-mail address, phone number and other contact information you voluntarily submit through the Site in the course of inquiries and comments and in accordance with the terms of this policy.
3.3.2 Usage data
We may collect Usage Data about you and your device/s whenever you interact with and/or access the Site ('Usage Data'). This Usage Data may include, but not be limited to, details on:
- Type of device you use to interact with our Site;
- Your device's unique ID;
- The IP address of your device;
- Your device's operating system and version;
- The type of internet browser you use;
- Unique device identifiers;
- Diagnostic data;
- Real-time location information; and
- Information about the way you use and access the Site and how you interact with the Site.
3.3.3 Cookies data
3.3.4 Non-personally identifiable data
This is information that can't be used to identify you individually. It is collected through the cookies and is used to periodically analyse the Site logs – this is more information that can help us to improve our Site and your experience of our Site. Typically, this information is used to monitor systems administration, to conduct server troubleshooting and for security purposes.
3.4 How we use data
The Data we collect is used for various different purposes, including:
- To administer your account and to give you access to particular tools and services we ofer;
- To notify you of any changes to the Site;
- To enable you to participate in the interactive features of the Site if and when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To provide analysis of the information to provide and improve our services and our Site;
- To monitor the use of the Site;
- To detect, prevent and address any technical issues;
- To run promotions and surveys; and
- To send email/s in response to accounts, inquiries and comments.
3.5 Transfer of data
Plinc is a United Kingdom based business serving customers across the globe. This may require delivering our services through the use of third-party processors. This means that your Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – servers that are located outside the European Economic Area ('EEA') in countries that may not have the same protections for your Data as the EEA has. We won't transfer your Personal Data to any organisation or country that doesn't have the same privacy ethos and standards as it would if it was processed within the EEA.
3.6 When would we share your Data? / Third Parties with access to Personal Data
There are times when we disclose your Data but only in the good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Plinc;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site;
- Protect the personal safety of all users of the Site;
- To perform service-related services and/or updates and/or modifications; and
- To protect against legal liability.
We are committed to reducing to a minimum the number of Third Parties we use – this means we can lower the risks of your Data being breached. We do assess and review each one of them to make sure they have similar and compliant privacy policies that meet our standards.
3.7 How we protect your data
The security of your Data is very important to us. Although no Data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure when transmitted over the internet or electronically stored, we do have appropriate collection, storage and processing practices in place for the Data we collect to help protect against any unauthorised access to, alteration of, disclosure and/or destruction of Data stored on our Site. Any Data exchanged between you and our Site is done over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. This means we do our best to make sure the transfer of your Data is as secure as we can reasonably make it.
We also take further precautionary measures by striving to use commercially acceptable means to protect the security of the transmitted Data, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use the services of third-party companies and/or individuals to perform service-related services in relation to the Site or to assist us in analysing how the Site is used. These third parties will only have access to such Data as is required to enable them to fulfil their tasks and they are required to maintain the same level of confidentiality and integrity as they would their own confidential information.
3.8 Children's Privacy
Our Site and services are not designed for, or targeted at, children 13 years of age or under and we do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Data of anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected the Personal Data of anyone under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Children under the age of 16 may require parental consent to provide Personal Data If you are a parent/guardian and you are aware that your Child/ren have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. Our Terms and Conditions set out that you are required to represent that you are of sufficient legal age to register your details.
Children have the same rights as adults over their Personal Data.
3.9 How you can control how your data is used
3.9.1 Your rights
When you share your Personal Data with us through our Site you gain the following rights:
Right of Access: You have the right to get confirmation from us on whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and, if such Personal Data is being processed, you have the right to request and gain access to the Personal Data that is being processed.
Right to Rectification: If any of your Personal Data is not correct, you have the right to have the information corrected and you can also give us additional information to complete any incomplete Data.
Right to Restriction of Processing: You can request that we restrict/stop the processing of your Personal Data for a certain period of time (including indefinitely) and/or under certain circumstances. If you do restrict the processing of your Personal Data, it could afect your ability to use all or parts of our Site. Opt-out. You can stop us from collecting any Data by our Site by de-registering your account or you can send us an opt-out via email.
Right of Erasure: We will keep your Data for as long as you use the Site and for a reasonable time afterwards, as required. If you would like us to delete Data that has been provided by you via the Site, please contact us. Some or all of the Data may be needed for you to have the full experience of your account registration. Should you wish us to delete this Data it will afect your ability to access and use the Site effectively.
Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing, or further processing, of your Personal Data, for profiling and/or direct marketing purposes. Right to Filing Complaints. You have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority if you aren't happy with the way in which your Personal Data is being processed.
Right to bring legal proceedings or claim compensation for damages: You can take us to court or claim compensation if we breach applicable legislation in relation to the collection and/or processing of your Personal Data.
Cookies: Most browsers are set to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse these. Disabling cookies from our Site may affect your ability to use all or parts of the Site.
3.9.2 Your responsibilities
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Data you provide us with is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. We will notify you either clearly on the home page of the Site or by email that changes will be made to this Policy, that the amendments may be viewed and when they become effective.
5. Contact Us
Last updated 08/2019